Sharp eyes take note
How's this for realism? In It
Couldn't Happen Here, Neil dictates a letter to Diane. Later,
for an instant, Peele is seen holding a sheet of paper with typing
on it. A freeze-frame, and a bit of Photoshop work later, we can
read the text.
Hon George Stratford-Baker
References A. My (number) of 6 October, 1979
B. Bonn's (number) October 1979
1. I Intercepted Stratford-Baker in St James’ Park this
morning, and engaged him in a conversation as of the enclosed
2. From it, you will understand that he has an unshakable faith
in the Prime Minister’s protection, and will not be frightened
off by anything which we can threaten, secure as he is in the
knowledge that our ‘evidence’ is largely insufficient
3. For all that, I do believe now that Stratford-Baker is an active
agent of the KGB, and that his continued presence in the Cabinet
constitutes a considerable danger. Moreover, there is a strong
possibility that - if is current standing within the party remains
intact, and if he continues to progress in the future as he as
done in the recent past - he could be one day the Prime Minister
of this country.
4. I believe that you will find this as unacceptable as I do,
and that you will wish to examine, as a matter of some urgency,
those options remaining to us as a means of dealing with the situation.
5. May we discuss, please, as soon as convenient?